Johnson University General Policy on Student Grievances.  

Students have the right to file a formal complaint about unsatisfactory situations if all other forms of redress failed to correct the situation. If currently enrolled students have complaints about policies, procedures, decisions, or conditions at Johnson University they may submit a written complaint on the form which is designated for that purpose on the school web site. We encourage students to communicate freely with the administration, faculty, and staff before filing a formal complaint. These situations can often be corrected by informal communication to the satisfaction of all parties. We also encourage students to avoid frivolous complaints so that our staff will have more time to devote to serious matters.  
Complaint Procedure
All formal complaints will be read by the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and then forwarded to the appropriate department for follow-up. (1) The vice president of the administrative unit most closely connected to the complaint will receive e-mail notification within one week of the complaint. (2) The files and follow-up documents will also be reviewed at least once each semester by a grievance committee composed of a representative from the Office of Student Services or an alternate administrator, two members of the faculty, one representative from the SGA, and other persons as required by the situation. (3) The Office of Institutional Effectiveness will file proceedings of the committee.
In addition to the general policy on student grievance, students should know that they may also contact the Tennessee Independent Colleges and Universities Association (TICUA) at <>  for advice on filing complaints related to:  
•Quality of education or accreditation requirements.  
•Application of state laws or rules related to approval to operate or licensure of a particular professional program.  
•State consumer protection laws.
To begin the complaint procedure, please click 'Next'